The complete selection procedure takes 3 months. At the end of the procedure, all applicants receive a message informing them whether or not they have been selected.
The selection takes place in 4 distinct phases
1. Eligibility check
During this phase, it is determined whether the applications are eligible, based on the following criteria:
- Respect of the application deadline.
- Submission of a complete questionnaire and all the requested annexes.
- The applicant is in partnership with at least one for-profit partner. The presence of a non-profit partner in the partnership is assessed as positive.
- Respect for the geographic scope of the BPF.
- The requested budget ranges between 50,000 and 200,000 euros.
- The matching fund is confirmed and equal to the requested amount or higher, contributed by the for-profit partner(s).
DGD and KBF make a pre-selection of the eligible projects, based on the selection criteria:
- Experience and capacity of the beneficiary to implement the project
- Impact on the sector/market
Social and environmental impact
- Effects on SDGs (with monitoring indicators)
- Synergy and complementary with other actors
- Climate, environment and biodiversity
- Gender and female entrepreneurship
- Decent work and social protection