The complete selection procedure takes 3 months. At the end of the procedure, all applicants receive a message informing them whether or not they have been selected.
Two selection rounds have taken place every year between 2019 and 2023. No new call for projects calls is planned.
The selection takes place in 4 distinct phases
1. Eligibility check
During this phase, it is determined whether the applications are eligible, based on the following criteria:
- Respect of the application deadline.
- Submission of a complete questionnaire and all the requested annexes.
- The applicant is in partnership with at least one for-profit partner. The presence of a non-profit partner in the partnership is assessed as positive.
- Respect for the geographic scope of the BPF.
- The requested budget ranges between 50,000 and 200,000 euros.
- The matching fund is confirmed and equal to the requested amount or higher, contributed by the for-profit partner(s).
DGD and KBF make a pre-selection of the eligible projects, based on the selection criteria:
- Experience and capacity of the beneficiary to implement the project
- Impact on the sector/market
Social and environmental impact
- Effects on SDGs (with monitoring indicators)
- Synergy and complementary with other actors
- Climate, environment and biodiversity
- Gender and female entrepreneurship
- Decent work and social protection